For those of you who check this blog, and I'm guessing it's zero right now since we never update it, I thought I'd give you a post of how we are doing.
Marni
She's becoming a very big girl and makes us laugh all the time.
A short story about this summer:
In the spring of 2008 we planted raspberries. Every night after supper lately I'll ask Marni if she wants rasberries and she'll say "bueberries, outsides, shooson (shoes on)" and she'll go running for her shoes. When we get out by the raspberries she'll just stand that so excited saying "bueberries, bueberries." I try and correct her and say "no, raspberries," but it just doesn't sink in. She absolutely loves them.
Another funny story about Marni is how she says Grandma and Grandpa. It's MaGa to her, for both of them. It's so funny, she says it everytime, even if you try and correct her and make her say it slowly.
Last night, she started doing pull ups and the flex arm hang. I bet she can last 15 seconds on the flex arm, but needs a little assistance from Dad on the pull ups. That is all she wanted to do at the park last night.
She still loves baby's, especially Reese. This morning when I got her up she thought mom and Reese were gone. All of as sudden she heard Reese crying and in a full sprint says, "Baby crying, uh-huh, ok." She loves the words um, uh-huh, and ok. Lets blame mom for that.
Reese
Reese is now 5 weeks old and doing great. We had a few scares in the first couple weeks. She's a picky eater and wasn't putting on weight. We have recovered from that by using bottles and she is getting big now. Haven't weighed her in a couple weeks, but she's got to be approaching 11 pounds. Sleeping is getting better. We now feed her around 10pm, again at 2am, and then she's up around 6am. So four hour gaps at night. Mom is not as lucky at home with her during the day. She eats more frequently then, which I guess is good (much to mom's dispare). Marni is still going to daycare 3 days a week, so mom gets a little more peace at home on those days.
That is all for now. I'll try and post stories more frequently and add a few pictures now and then.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment